Our Mission and Values
The mission of WCEC is to provide the highest quality gastrointestinal endoscopy care to our patients and referring physicians. We strive to bring state of the art technology to our practice while maintaining a high standard of medical care and continuing accreditation as required by licensing and regulatory authorities. Staff at WCEC will be highly trained and respectful of each individual’s privacy.
Why Choose West Coast Endoscopy Centre?
West Coast Endoscopy Centre is a private free-standing specialist endoscopy centre licensed by the Health Department of WA and independently accredited by the International Standards Organisation (ISO) and the Australian National Standards on Quality and Safety in Health Care. West Coast Endoscopy Centre has contracts with all major private health funds. It is an environmentally responsible, innovative organisation that is quality focussed and driven. Apart from the exceptional levels of patient satisfaction with the nursing and medical expertise we bring to patient care, by efficient practice and dedication, we have maintained one of the shortest waiting times for private endoscopy in Perth since its opening in 2008.
At West Coast Endoscopy Centre we focus on endoscopy and gastrointestinal related services so you can be assured to have expert care. Our procedures are done by Gastroenterologists only, who are trained experts and are committed to these procedures only. They do not undertake endoscopy as an “add-on” to specialisation in other fields.
We closely review our outcomes and publish these on our website for all to see: Endoscopist and Endoscopy Unit Report Card. This is a first in WA and rarely done in Australia.
We continue to improve our service through innovation, feedback, quality improvement programs and education.
Our Facilities & Services
- Our staff are specially trained in Endoscopy, according to the requirements of GENCA (the governing body for gastroenterology nurses).
- Purpose built Health Department of WA licensed Endoscopy unit with state of the art facilities
- Free parking at the rear of the building
- Iron infusions
- Biological infusions such as infliximab
- Capsule Endoscopy and Consultation service
- Urea breath test to detect Helicobacter pylori
- Faecal Microbiota transplantation (coming soon)
Why Are We Different?
- Patients can secure a procedural booking within the week
- A consultation booking has a short wait time of one month
- Specialist anaesthetists looking after you during your procedure
- We continually evaluate and improve our performance by ongoing audits, patient satisfaction surveys, key performance indicators and clinical indicators with the aim of improving quality health care.
- Dedicated to General Practitioner and Nurse Education by regular seminars and Medical Centre visits
- Friendly team who are more than happy to help you
- Specialist facility focused on GI endoscopy and capsule endoscopy
Quality and Innovation
- As a focused specialist centre with little bureaucracy we can innovate and respond quickly to patient requirements to improve health care delivery.
- Key personnel are committed to ongoing medical education
- We are working towards a paperless unit
- Sustainable practices - Solar power, sky lights & recycling
- We perform regular ongoing clinical and administrative audits
- We have regular Management and staff educational meetings
- We value patient feedback and are very responsive to it
- We report and discuss Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and clinical indicators
- We are accredited with ISO 9001/2008
- We are accredited with the 10 National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
Do you need a referral?
You will need to go to your GP to get a referral to WCEC which is valid for 12 months.
You then need to fax the referral to us on 08 9301 4438 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our friendly staff will then call you to arrange a suitable appointment time.